I have had more time and desire to create lately than in the past few months, I find it to be a good distraction when life is .....well you know how life can be. I don't and can't often post daily but I enjoy it when I can.
Recently I've been digging in and developing my style I'm not entirely sure there is a name for my personal style but its decidedly vintage with a twist.
The twist is the part that evolves or presents itself in varied ways.
Todays card is a contemporary take on vintage, while also mixing 4 trends into one look. what am I thinking? I don't always think, I just do!
- Die cut words in a thin loopy script. this one was cut with the Silhouette and layered for depth.
- Gold and black with pastels. Gold is back in all its shimmering glory and foil cardstock is as shiny as it gets!
- chalkboard. Okay this has been around for a few years but its not going anywhere just yet. to pair a chalkboard frame complete with graphics with a rose patterned
- Crafty secrets love mail vintage cut is super mixed up! But in the best possible way!
- oversize embellishments. here its the ribbon and paper flower combo. it totally overthrows the clean and simple design but in a subtle balanced way that tethers the black frame and creates a second focal point.
Maybe I'll be lucky enough to carve out as much time in the weeks ahead even with a mounting work schedule, but if not -know that I'm most probably dreaming up ideas for future projects in between all of lifes little demands and unavoidable ups and downs like mopping up pickle spills or writing event contracts...you know normal stuff like that! :)
Happy creating out there XOXO~ Shantaie